Tuesday 17 November 2009

What a shock !


Well someone may have noticed I have not posted a on this blog for a few days. Well the reason is last Wednesday night the modem got "blown up'' by a bolt of lightening. So off to the OTE shop, who replaced the modem FOC. (thanks guys). Being computer literate (or so I thought), I had all the electricity feed lines connected to a surge protector but not the telephone line (dumb eh?). So I bought a new protector that would also cover the telephone line before I installed the new modem.
Frustration came quick, the ADSL line was not available, had this also been effected I thought? So on the phone to the helpdesk to have it checked, and checked, and checked again. They could not find a fault, so after'several phone calls to the national help line my withdrawal symptoms became worse and I phoned the local OTE shop and spoke to one of the technicians........he came out to our house within the hour, checked the line.....yes it was OK, so the replacement modem was faulty also aahhhhhh !
New modem given on the spot, all is well in the world.

Can't really fault that for local service from a national company that often comes in for alot of criticism.

No comments: