Tuesday 12 January 2010

Its rains in Greece as well !!!!



Two days in a row rain !  This is just not acceptable, I even got wet yesterday when I had to go to Kalamata on business. 

With the start of the new year and the system Greece has of road tax I decided it was time I started the bureaucracy to obtain road tax for my caravan (yes they have to be taxed as well as your car). I had previously late last year obtained all the import papers when I arrived with it from the UK, but I decided  not to tax it (92 Euro) for just two months. (as in Greece you pay for a whole year no matter when you tax a vehicle....no exceptions).
I now needed an "engineers" inspection and drawing before I could complete the papers for the tax office. Again last year I was introduced to a person who could do this, but when I got to his offices next to the tax office they had been converted to a cafe !!!!  However in true Greek form in the corner of the cafe with papers piled high on a desk was a lady sorting some road tax forms for people.  Now call me cinical but I think this was a person trying to capitalise on the business that was there and make a euro on the side.......
She spoke no English, and my attempts to ask where Nikos the engineer had gone had her leave the table and go and serve coffee !  Anyway the people in the licensing office told me where he had moved to, so problem solved.

So giving Nikos all the forms, measurements, details and photos of my caravan I wait to see what he presents me with next week.............I just know this is going to be    h  a  r  d  ........

No comments: