Tuesday 19 January 2010

TAXING YOUR TRAILER !!!!


Back late last year I imported along with my UK registered car my caravan. Now without being repetitive on the blog, the customs import, whilst lengthly went quite well and all the papers were issued and cost me around 400 Euros. As I needed to use the car I obviously had to pay the Greek road tax, but I did not require the caravan so held back taxing this until today.....Now the first hurdle was that you needed an "engineer'' (draftsman) to draw up plans of the caravan (no don't ask me why...you just do!!), and we had that sorted at a cost of 50 Euro. So off with my import papers from customs and plans to the registration office for the plates.
PROBELM ONE:-
The caravan was in my name and the car in my wifes.  So we had to go to the tax office and make a written statement that I "sold" a percentage of the caravan to her.....(I sold her 10%, bet I never get the money though). Paid 5.40 E to have the paperwork verified and lots of rubber stamps later this was sorted.
So off back to the registration office....
PROBLEM TWO:-
They asked for residency certificates, now when we registered the car and obtained Greek plates they did not want residency certificates...why now (don't ask, they just DO!). So not yet having these its off to the police station tomorrow

Watch this space for more "exciting" tales of time wasting.........

No comments: